I don't want to risk sounding like Mel from Flight of the Conchords or anything, but I'm obsessing over the beautiful sounds of AllThingsLost. The vocals are absolutely stunning, so haunting and fragile, yet still powerful and strong. The genius behind it all is only 19, and has the talents of one far older. It's so hard to believe this is just a university student that is still technically a teenager. The sound of Allthingslost is difficult to describe, but very atmospheric and delicate, yet not weak. There's also a sense of technical, without being overly structured of restricted. You really sense the emotion in the vocals, and there's an instant connection with the audience. Usually it takes me a while to really like a band, but seeing Allthingslost today was an instant 'holy hell, this is amazing,' moment. Usually I'm not a fan of 'local bands', but maybe I've been wrong to dismiss local acts all these years. Meet your new favourite band, AllThingsLost.
Photos from todays gig at the Brisbane City Welcome festival:
Rapper, Midas Gold (who can be found
here on facebook), came along to rap on a couple of songs too and did a killer job.

I'll probably be putting up a few more photos tomorrow, but for now be sure to check out AllThingsLost on
bandcamp, or
SoundCloud, particularly the tracks
Hold You Down, Closing Doors and
Nothing (which are all on SoundCloud).
No comments:
Post a Comment